Monday, March 10, 2014

Love at First Set

TV and movie characters always have the best places to live, don't they? I collected some of my favorite famous rooms here... all wonderful in their own way. 




Carrie Bradshaw's Apartment. The closet alone is enough to make you swoon... sigh... all those blues.




Mary Margaret's apartment on Once Upon a Time. Perfectly suited for Snow White in all it's cottage-y goodness - the brick, the worn wood, the soft light. 



Jessica Day's bedroom on New Girl. That bedspread.... She's also got the bare bricks and the most wonderful closet door ever. The whole set of this show is beautiful.



I kind of love Buffy's room. That slanted wall, and how it seems to be decorated for an old lady or a little girl. Something about it just makes it perfect for her. 



Arthur's floating bed and solar system lights are what makes his room one of my favorites.






Cher's room from Clueless is perfectly 90's. Also, another swoon-worthy closet - one that can pick out your outfits for you. This fashion photo-shoot for Wildfox Couture recreated some of the most memorable moments from this movie. Pretty great. 



Mindy's apartment on The Mindy Project is too good. I'm obsessed with the spiral staircase to nowhere and all of those bright lovely colors.



Jay Gastby's bedroom is so beautiful. All those shirts so neatly folded... man oh man. 



Holly Golightly's apartment from Breakfast at Tiffany's may be one of my favorite sets of all time. Even though there isn't much to it, the simplicity and that beyond perfect tub-couch makes it iconic. 



I also love love love Julia Child's French kitchen in Julie & Julia. All the pots and pans, and that old table and her tiny little oven. Very wonderful. 

Which famous fictional residence is your favorite?

xo




2 comments:

  1. Oh I love these all. When Heidi and I watched Anne of Green Gables, we laughed because she and Anne have very similar rooms. Heidi's room is also blue with a brick wall, like Jess', so that's cool.

    Even though Cinderella has to live in what's considered a dinky tower, her little room is actually very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I love the tub couch!! And all of these closets haha :] I'm also in love with Kathleen Kelly's apartment. I just want to get in there lol Also also, all of the Gossip Girl sets.

    ReplyDelete